The 12th annual Jacksonville Marine Corps ½ Marathon and Freedom 5K will be held in Jacksonville, Florida on October 3, 2015. The city of Jacksonville has been voted one of the top ten running cities in the nation by Runner’s World magazine. Volunteers from the Marine Corps community with support from the corporate and civic community will again present this prestigious event. Following in the traditions set by the internationally respected Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C., Jacksonville is the home to the annual Jacksonville Marine Corps ½ Marathon and Freedom 5K.
The inaugural event held on October 2, 2004 set the tone for making this one of the premier fall events in the Southeastern United States with over 2,500 runners from over fifteen states. What began as a race is rapidly becoming a weekend celebration of running, physical fitness, and a tribute to our military with an expo, receptions, press conferences and parties.
The purpose of the event is to strengthen the bond between the civilian and military communities, promote sound physical health and fitness, and to raise money for charities. As a nonprofit event, proceeds from this race are donated to numerous charities such as Semper Fi Fund, United Service Organizations (USO), America's VetDogs, Homes for our Troops, veteran and local youth leadership charitable organizations.
- Attractive medals to all finishers all 1/2 marathoners and 5k finishers
- Technical running shirt to all 1/2 marathoners and 5k finishers
- Great momentos to all entrants
- Fantastic post-race celebration
- Single-use souvenir chip timing
- Discounted hotel rates (reserve here)
- Located 1 mile from Metropolitan Park
- Hyatt Regency Riverfont
225 East Coastline Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Challenged athlete awards
- Wheelchair & prosthetic divisions
- Age group awards 3 deep in 1/2 Marathon
- Prize money: $500, $300, $200 to top three overall
- Contact Information: